In an effort to start incorporating a healthy breakfast into my morning routine, I’m sharing one of my favorite morning recipes that takes less than 15 minutes to throw together: Coconut Milk Oatmeal. Oatmeal used to be the sort of thing I would never reach for in the morning, but upon discovering all the fun things you can do with it, it’s becoming a weekly staple on my grocery list!
Blueberries are my favorite, and I love coconut ANYTHING — so incorporating them into my breakfast is only the best thing ever. Give the recipe below a try if you’re looking to switch up your breakfast routine!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- small pinch of salt
- 1 – 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- pure maple syrup or honey
- In a medium sauce pan add oats and hot water. Bring to a boil then turn to a low simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, salt, and blueberries. Let it simmer for another 15 – 20 minutes or until the oats become a porridge consistency. Remove from heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot drizzled with 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey per serving.